At Clairex Semiconductor, we understand sometimes the standard “off-the-shelf” components may not meet your requirements. Rather than risk using a less than ideal component, partner with our expert engineering staff to develop custom designed optoelectronic components to solve the specific needs of your project.
We specialize in a wide range of optoelectronic components, including:
- Infrared Emitters
- Ultraviolet Emitters
- Visible LEDs & LED Arrays
- Emitter-Detector Assemblies
- Photo ICs
- Custom Photodarlingtons
- Multi-Chip Modules
- Hybrid Solutions
Generally, our clients have a specific functionality they need from a particular component such as an emitter or sensor. For example:
- Customer 1 likes the CLT135 but needs to match to a different wavelength.
- Customer 2 likes the design of CLE335 but would like to specify the output range.
By collaborating with these clients, Clairex sales staff and engineers provide a custom solution to produce the exact component required. Always connected, our clients have direct contact with our engineers to provide an easy path for clear communication and convenient collaboration.
From simple LED indicators to complex multi-component projects like developing a solar tracker, Clairex provides the functionality necessary for nearly any project, regardless of complexity. Additional processing including 100% burn-in is also available.
Recognized as an international leader in the industry, Clairex can support a broad range of applications across a wide variety of industries.
Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Medical Industry – Custom infrared emitters are used to reflect the IR radiation to a sensor ensuring the working tip of a surgical tool is in the right place while the surgeon is navigating with a scope.
- Fiber Optics – Some infrared emitters and receivers have been developed into custom products and others contain custom chips to create more application-specific devices.
- Aerospace – Custom detectors and emitters in airplane hydraulic systems ensure no air is in the hydraulic line. Many cockpit indicator systems also involve custom optoelectronic components.
- Encoders – Custom two and three channel integrated circuits can be used to measure and control linear or rotary motion, including speed and direction.
- Transportation – Coin counting and presence detection (i.e. ticket channel integrity) are two recent custom applications.
For quality assurance, Clairex provides complete lot traceability throughout all of our products, in both component and assembly production.
Incorporated in Plano, Texas in 1994, Clairex Semiconductor has become an industry leader in the design, manufacture, and assembly of high-reliability, high-performance optoelectronic components. With more than two decades in business, our engineers are expert problem-solvers who can help you get the right component the first time – saving you both time and money.
No matter the complexity of the unique functionality you require, Clairex Semiconductor has the capabilities and experience to satisfy your most challenging problem. Backed by a robust quality management program, Clairex products are always of the highest quality. We strive to go above and beyond your expectations.
Contact us today to learn more about our product line of optoelectronic components and how we can custom design a solution for your project.